Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This morning I sharpened my elbows and then packed my bags...


This morning I realised I am heading to my last hotel, my adventures are fast approaching the end.

I woke up early, again, seems my internal clock is still set on south african time which is an hour ahead and hasn't quite twigged onto the fact that we are on holiday and nothing, seriously nothing besides the breakfast hall is open before ten... I then escaped to Sweden, just up the road! But couldn't concentrate on the simple fact, how on earth do I carry everything to the airport... This picking up little mementoes while away has gotta stop... The biggest question, how on earth do I get the both of your presents home without damaging either one of them and trying not to pack them in my big suitcase. Pooh bear just hung around chuckling - the sod! He doesn't have to worry as he is completely sorted.

I have also packed my old shoes that disintegrated on me. Since the emergency shoe shop in Budapest I have had the big debate with myself as to whether to ditch my decade old pair of shoes or lug them around with the hope that they can be repaired... I have lost half of the tread underneath so not sure if I am just doing a nat on myself and hanging onto them for memories sake...

Anyway, fifteen minutes later and everything was all sorted, documents out for the next leg and I sat there on my bed debating what on earth I should do for an hour and a bit till I have to check out...

So here I am sitting in the breakfast hall watching a complete mixed bag of nuts scoffle down food ahead of their day in Vienna. Some people really should do something about their hair before they go out, father and son had a serious case of bed head. Very funny! Seems eight in the morning is a busy time for breakfast, yesterday it wasn't however!

And I am completely amazed how many people are American, less so than in Budapest but still-seems a popular destination for american travellers.

Anyway, I am going for a walk around my hood and plotting my next hotel. The sultan has one table in the mornings where you can perch and be overwhelmed by the sight of the blue mosque... Tourists in Istanbul, be afraid, I have sharpened my elbows... Or maybe I will just get there early and wait... Seeing as though I am such an early riser nowadays...

Hugs from the traveller :) pooh bear says hi as well! 

The City Hall, the courtyard in front was transformed with a winter icerink

A walk through a park

No comments:

Post a Comment