Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Landed :) and crunch went the snow...

I have just landed in the city of Wien. Part from thinking I was on another train, made it to the hotel with only one mistake by missing my connection by one stop. Was on flight with what looked like Mother Theresa... But she was deaf!
Feel so grown up. This is a seriously nice hotel! Have just put my bags down and am going to change out of my snow boots as... There is no snow.
Temperature seems absolutely fine. Had my beanie on for a bit but isn't cold enough. BUT there are spatterings of snow. Right outside my hotel is a water feature and next to it was a pile of snow. I stood on it and it crunched. So exciting. Its the small things.
Turkey was interesting, clean and much much bigger than I thought. I have booked to go on a cruise on the bosphorous straights when I return. Lots of mosques. I just love how the new has merged with the old. The ancient city walls protect the old part where I stayed. I walked down to the waterfront and watched the sunset. I got up early to watch the sunrise but it rose in a different place than I expected so didn't see it. Turkish breakfast is very interesting, wasn't brave enough to sample what looked like stiff greek yoghurt. But that was a long time ago and a different country, so am heading out to explore :)

Statue in the Palace Grounds with the City Hall in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment