Friday, May 24, 2013

On the Couch with Jacobus Van Heerden



I am an actor because…
I'm an actor because I enjoy making people laugh.

First time on stage, how did it go?
My first time onstage (grade 2) I played "the litter bug" and accidentally threw a newspaper into the Mayor of Westville's face.


Best role you have ever played and a role you would love to play?
Hamlet but I would love to play Frank n Furter in Rocky Horror. Apparently Russel Crowe played the role for something like 5 years.

Why should anyone come and see The Ladykillers?
Great direction, great set, great cast, great script... Overall brilliant production.



In a sentence, what is the Ladykillers all about?
It's a comedy about an old lady who stays true to her values even when her home is filled with criminals.

Funniest moment in rehearsals so far?
In one scene Tim Wells' character hits my character over the head but in one rehearsal he missed and hit Charon Williams Ross' instead. It's always funny seeing a lady get hit over the head.



The Neon Anthems – what inspired the songs?
Liam and I always enjoyed making people laugh and when I learned to play guitar the rest fell into place. Most of our songs were a parody of the ego because no one should take themselves too seriously.

Have you ever been on stage and forgotten your lines? (What did you do to recover)
I have forgotten my lines once or twice but both times I was acting with Liam and luckily he improvised around my fumbles.

If you could be on stage with anyone, who would it be?
I would love to be on stage with Rowan Atkinson.



Favourite band?
Pink Floyd

Favourite actor / actress?
Daniel Day Lewis

Favourite smell?
Fynbos after rain

Hollywood, Bollywood, Broadway or West End?
Bollywood



Books or Kindle?
Books

Movie or Mini Series?
Movie

Bar-One or Crunchy?
Bar One 


No comments:

Post a Comment